Please click on the tab to expand to read
Fall and Spring Tuition
Resident = $131 per credit
Non-Resident $ 345 per credit
Resident = $248 per credit
Non-Resident = $357 per credi
All tuition and fees are to be paid in accordance with published deadlines and payment procedures. Registration will temporarily reserve your classes. With payment of tuition and fees, classes are made official. Failure to pay by the published deadlines may result in cancellation of your registration.
The payment due date for all UH Campuses for Fall 2021 will be Thursday, August 19, 2021 at 4:00pm (HST).
- Receipt of full payment for all registered credits or enrollment in a payment plan on or before this date is required.
- Financial Aid awards or scholarships recipients should contact their campus Financial Aid Office for additional information.
Students are responsible for all applicable tuition and other related fees whether or not they attend classes. You are advised to officially withdraw from classes you do not plan to attend. Failure to drop any unwanted classes may result in a financial obligation and academic penalties, such as a failing grade. The college has the right to disenroll students for non-payment.
ONLINE: at MyUH Services by Credit Card, Debit Card, or Electronic Check Payment.
MAIL: Make Checks or Money Orders payable to “University of Hawaii” with your name and UH number in the memo section and mail to Kauai Community College, Business Office, 3-1901 Kaumuali’i Highway, Lihue, HI 96766. Payments must be received by the appropriate payment deadline. You should allow a minimum of 5 days for delivery prior to the payment deadline.
Dishonored Checks: As additional fee of $25.00 will be assessed for any check returned for any cause. After 3 returned checks the University will not accept another check as a form of payment for both in-person and online transactions,
- IN-PERSON: Pay by Cash, Check or Debit Card at our Cashier’s Office located in the One Stop Center, Rm 106. Appointments are needed and may be scheduled from Monday through Friday from 8am to 3:30pm by calling (808) 245-0122.
- PARENTS OR OTHER AUTHORIZED USERS: If you have been set up as an Authorized User, you may log in here make a payment or setup a payment plan using a Credit Card, Debit Card, or Electronic Check Payment.
- INTERNATIONAL BANK ACCOUNT: International students may originate tuition payments from a bank in your home country. Payments must be for the exact amount owed and can be checked by logging into your MyUH Services account before making payment. For further instructions, click here.
- INSTALLMENT PLAN: An installment plan is available to students who cannot pay in full by the published deadline. A $30 non-refundable plan fee is charged per student per semester to participate. For more information, log into your MyUH Portal account.
- FINANCIAL AID DISBURSEMENT: If you received your award notice and completed all necessary paperwork, the University will apply your financial aid toward your tuition and fees. Funds will be disbursed upon verification of enrollment, but no earlier than ten days prior to the first day of instruction, as allowed by federal regulations. Once your tuition and fees are paid, any credit balance will be mailed to you or deposited directly into your bank account if you have signed up for eRefund. Click here for more information about Financial Aid.
- THIRD PARTY SPONSORING AGENCY: If your tuition is being paid by a third-party sponsoring agency (e.g. Alu Like, Vocational Rehabilitation, Armed forces branch, etc.), the Cashier’s Office must receive a letter of financial guarantee, purchase order, or authorization letter from your sponsor by the appropriate home campus payment deadline.
If the Cashier’s Office does not receive a letter of financial guarantee, purchase order, or authorization letter from your sponsor, you must pay for your own tuition and fees. If you paid for your tuition/fees and then the sponsor sends payment, the Cashier’s Office will process a refund. If the sponsor does not pay for the tuition and fees as authorized by their letter or purchase order, the obligation may become the responsibility of the student.
A $3.00 activity fee is charged to both residents and non-residents for the Fall/Spring terms.
A $24.00 bus pass fee is charged to both residents and non-residents for the Fall/Spring terms.
Kaulana Bus Pass (KPASS) Fee
Fees are used to support subsidized public transportation services negotiated with the County of Kaua`i that allows student fee payers unlimited bus rides in exchange for payment of the mandatory fee amounts as negotiated. This public transportation program will take into effect for all registered, pending approval.
Terms of the public transportation services will be reviewed by Kaua`i Community College and the County of Kaua`i for successive contract renewals and negotiations.
Should you see a counselor to add or drop courses, a $5 change fee is charged (from the late registration period) for every change processed. There is no charge for a transaction done on the web, nor for a withdrawal from the last course at the student's home institution.
A $25.00 service charge will be assessed for each check which is made out to the University of Hawai`i and is returned for any cause.
A fee of $15.00 is payable at the time the student submits the Graduation Application.
A $15.00 fee is charged for each English and Hawaiian language diploma
A $27.00 Student Government fee is charged to both residents and non-residents for the Fall/Spring terms.
A $2.00 duplicating fee is charged for each copy.
A $5.00 fee is charged for each transcript that is sent to another college outside the University of Hawai`i system or for student copies. Transcripts are processed within seven working days.
A $15.00 fee is charged for all "rush" transcripts (processed within 24 hours), sent within or outside of the University of Hawai`i system or for student copies.
DO NOT send transcripts within the UH system (exception: send transcripts if you attended KCC prior to Fall 1986 - no fee required, except for "RUSH").
Transcripts are sent via U.S. Postal Service only. Processing time of all transcripts includes production but not mailing/delivery time.
When enrolled in Distance Education classes on neighboring islands within the UH system, those classes are not "automatically" paid for by Financial Aid. Students will receive a Financial Aid stipend. This stipend should be used to pay for each Distance Education class taken on any neighboring islands.
In accordance with University concurrent enrollment policy, students enrolling at multiple campuses during the same term pay the applicable tuition for each campus.