Academic Year 2023-2024
- Fall 2023 Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Spring 2024 Friday, January 5, 2024
Academic Year 2024-2025
- Fall 2024 Friday, August 23, 2024
- Spring 2025 Friday, January 10, 2025
*Dates are subject to change.
- In-person payments must be received by 4:00 p.m. (HST)
- Online payments must be received by 11:59 p.m. (HST)
NOTE: If you registered for the Fall semester but do not plan to attend, please log into STAR and drop your classes to ensure that you are not charged.
- Receipt of full payment (for all credits registered for) or enrollment in the payment plan on or before this date is required.
- Failure to pay may result in a financial obligation hold that will prevent any registration changes.
- Financial Aid award or scholarship recipients should contact their campus Financial Aid Office for additional information.
- Verify your tuition and fee charges by logging into STAR GPS and clicking on the “VIEW/PAY” button in the upper right corner.
- Federal Financial Aid will be credited to your student account no earlier than 10 days prior to the start of the semester based on your enrollment level at that time
- Drop all unwanted classes before the first day of instruction (August 22, 2022) to avoid incurring financial charges.
- Check with each campus offering the course for refund and withdrawal procedures.
- Learn more about payments, payment plans, Authorized Users, and eRefunds at University of Hawaii FAQs for Student eCommerce Services.
- University of Hawaii employees, and spouses or domestic partners of employees in BU 07, 08, 87, and 88 - find additional information on the Employee Tuition Waiver site.
Students who completely withdraw during the late registration (add) period will be entitled to a 100% refund of their tuition. Student activity fees will be refunded upon complete withdrawal from all classes at all UH campuses during the late registration period. Those who partially withdraw (drop one or more, but not all, classes) during the add period will be entitled to a full refund of their tuition but not their student activity fees. Please check the academic calendar for specific dates.
- Semester-long classes – Tuition refund period is approximately the first three weeks of the semester; 100% tuition refund during the late registration period and then 50% refund for the remaining week(s) of the refund period.
- Non-semester long classes (greater than 10 days in length) – Tuition refund period is the first 20% of the instructional period, which includes all calendar days from the first day of instruction, ending on the last day of instruction; 100% tuition refund during the late registration period and then 50% refund for the remaining week(s) of the refund period.
- Non-semester long classes (10 days or less in length) – No refunds will be given except before the first day of instruction.
Refunds for Excess Funds/Credit Balance
There are generally two ways to receive your refund:
- DIRECT DEPOSIT (Electronically): Your refund will be processed within 3 to 5 business days from the date of your disbursement. For refunds to be processed electronically, you must sign up for e-Refunds through your MyUH Services.
- PAPER CHECK (by Mail): Your refund will be processed on the 15th and the last business day of the month. If the 15th of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, paper checks will be issued on the business day prior to the weekend or holiday. The check will be mailed to the address reflected on your MyUH Services. You are responsible for maintaining a correct mailing address on your MyUH Services. Click here to update your address.
- CREDIT CARD refunds may be issued if you are not a Financial Aid recipient and the transaction was made within the last 90 days