If you’re ready to fill out the FAFSA® form now, please click here.
- All students who are eligible to apply are strongly encouraged to apply.
- FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. So it should ALWAYS be free!
- Many grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis due to limited funding.
- To help pay for college, the FAFSA is needed for federal and state grants, loans and most scholarships.
- The Financial Aid staff will be more than happy to set an appointment with you to assist you with your FAFSA
School Code 001614 for FAFSA
|Current School Year||Upcoming School Year|
|Opening Date||October 1, 2019||October 1, 2020|
|Closing Date||June 30, 2021||June 30, 2022|
|Federal Tax Return Used||2018||2019|
You can complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid app. Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android), The myFAFSA component—which is used to complete the FAFSA form—is the app’s featured function.
Please click on the tabs below to expand
***If you recently filed your taxes, you may have to wait a period of time before you can request for Data Retrieval or a Tax Transcript (2 wks. if taxes filed electronically or 8 weeks if taxes filed by mail.
There are 3 options to request a Tax Transcript:
Retrieve your Tax Transcript by mail. This is the option that we recommend as it gives the fewest challenges. To obtain your Tax Transcript my mail:
- Go to irs.gov
- Click on “Get my Tax Record”
- Click on “Get Transcript by Mail” (You would think the online version is easier, but it truly isn’t)
- Fill in the information requested using the primary taxpayer (or the first person listed on your tax return). This is how it was done in the past, although it appears that this may have changed.
- Click on “Continue”
- Select “Return Transcript” for “Type of Transcript”
- Select “2016” for “Tax Year”
- Click on “Continue”
A response on the last page should say something to this effect: Get Transcript by Mail We have accepted your request for a 2016 Return Transcript. Please allow 5-10 days to receive it. The transcript will be sent to the address we have on file for you.
Retrieve your tax transcript online. Although this appears to be a great option, there are a few stipulations that must be met in order to retrieve your transcripts online: To register and use this service, you need:
- your SSN, date of birth, filing status and mailing address from the latest tax return,
- access to your email account,
- your personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and a mobile phone with your name on the account.
Fill out a Form 4506. This the least recommended as it takes the longest to obtain. However, if you would like to request your transcript using Form 4506, you may find it here. It must be printed and mailed to:
Internal Revenue Service
P.O. Box 9941 Mail Stop 6734 Ogden, UT 84409