Student Policies

Please click on the title tab to expand to read

This policy is designed to provide students with an opportunity to obtain an equitable resolution to complaints of an academic nature, to include but not limited to grades assigned to coursework, final course grades, course policies, academic policies, or any other academic impropriety caused in part or whole by the actions or practices of the College.
Grievances relating to non-academic matters, including discrimination and disability issues, are handled through the Non-Academic Grievance Policy. Grievances relating to student conduct matters are handled through the Student Conduct Procedure. More about Academic Grievance

To establish a policy and procedures for handling probationary status for students not making satisfactory and normal progress toward achievement of their educational goals. More about Academic Probation

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their education records. More about FERPA

Students who register late (i.e. after instruction begins for the semester) at any UH campus will be assessed a one-time late fee of $30.00 for the semester regardless of where courses are taken.

Students who registered for courses earlier but did not make payment when due and were purged will be considered late registrants should they choose to re-enroll after instruction has begun for the semester.

This policy and procedures are designed to provide a student grievance with an opportunity to obtain an equitable resolution to alleged injustices or problems of a non-academic nature caused in part or whole by the actions or practices of the College. Grievance relating to academic matters are handled through the Academic Grievance Procedure.
Grievances relating to student conduct matters are handled through the Student Conduct Procedure.  More about Non-Academic Grievance

The No-Show Drop Policy allows instructors to drop students who fail to attend and fail to
make contact with the instructor during the late registration period. More about No-Show Drop Policy

To file a complaint due to alleged act(s) of discrimination, sexual harassment or workplace violence, please fill out this form and send to Isaiah Kaauwai. You may email the form to or you may drop it off at One Stop Center, 201C 3-1901 Kaumualiʻi Highway, Līhuʻe, HI 96766. For more information, call (808) 245-8260. Click here to read more

To establish the policy and guidelines relating to the systemwide student conduct code. More about Student Conduct Code

To recognize and support the responsibility of the University in protecting the safety of its students, staff and faculty, and ensuring the integrity of its academic processes. More about Student Disciplinary Sanctions.

Effective July 10, 2018, all University of Hawai'i campuses and facilities became tobacco-free, joining more than 2,000 U.S. universities and colleges in an effort to provide a healthy environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
Hawaii state law (Act 160, SLH 2018) now prohibits the use of tobacco products on the University of Hawai'i at Manoa campus, and all 10 UH campuses and university-owned facilities.
All persons, including students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors, should refrain from using tobacco products while on property owned or operated by the Kauaʻi Community College for a healthier environment. "Tobacco products" include, but are not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smoking tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vapes, and chewing tobacco.


What areas are affected?

The grounds and facilities of all 10 University of Hawaiʻi campuses and UH-related properties. This includes, but is not limited to education centers, research stations and other UH-owned properties.

What about E-cigarettes or chewing tobacco?

All tobacco products including E-cigarettes (vaping) and chewing tobacco are prohibited.

Where can I smoke or use tobacco products?

Those intending to use tobacco products must leave the UH campus, facility or grounds to do so. Previously designated “smoking areas,” (including parking lots) are now also no-smoking areas.

Where can I get help to quit?

Tobacco cessation resources are available statewide and on some UH campuses.