Study Abroad

International Programs Home


Study Abroad Options

Please click on the tab name to expand the tab to read

Pay Kaua'i CC tuition to study at our partner institutions

Kaua'i CC Student Exchange Partner Institutions:

  1. University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
  2. Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan  (application open for Fall 2024)
  3. University of Niigata Prefecture (application open for Fall 2023)

Kaua'i CC Affiliate Short-term Study Abroad Programs (affiliate programs) are programs that are endorsed and approved by Kaua'i CC, mostly provided by our partner institutions.  Students pay directly to our partner institution for study abroad placement and other services.  The campus international program office can provide assistance and answer questions when necessary. 

Information coming soon

Ever dream about studying abroad...but then thought it would be too expensive or the time commitment too long? Think again! The University of Hawai'i Community Colleges offers a variety of options to study overseas, from a 10-day homestay to a 3-year program, and most are partially- or fully-funded!Short-term study abroad programs led by Kaua'i CC/UH faculty members. Visit website.

UH Mānoa Study Abroad Center (SAC) programs are open to all students from UH system schools. In addition, credits earned on a SAC program show on UH transcripts as UHM resident credits and count toward their cumulative GPA. Furthermore, students do not pay UHM tuition but a flat study abroad fee ($1,764 for 12 credits) per semester. You can see the total approximate costs per program when you click on the individual program web page Visit Website.

A number of international education organizations (IEO) offer study abroad programs. We share information on various study abroad programs that they offer. Kaua'i CC International Education simply posts information here, and students are responsible for researching and making arrangements on their own.

Kamawaelualani Study Abroad Scholarship - This scholarship is for Kaua'i CC students and can be used to support participation in a formal University of Hawaii study abroad /exchange program or a study abroad program sponsored by another US or foreign university. Only Kaua'i-born resident is eligible to apply.

    Honda Study Abroad Scholarship -The scholarship is for UHCC students and can be used to support participation in a formal University of Hawai'i study abroad/exchange program or a study abroad program sponsored by another US or foreign university.

    Monbukagakusho Scholarship - Japanese government scholarship to study in Japan for 3 years

    Gilman Scholarship -  Scholarships for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to study abroad or do an internship abroad.


    UH Student Conduct CodeYou will be studying overseas as a student at Kaua'i Community College. So, please read the UH Student Conduct Code. Violations of the UH Student Conduct Code are grounds for disqualification or dismissal from the study abroad program.

    You will need passport information to book your flight, apply for a student visa, etc. If you do not have a passport yet, we recommend you to apply for it as soon as possible as it takes 4-6 weeks for you to get your passport. Visit website.

     "Kaua'i CC Office of Continuing Education and Training also accepts passport application. Visit website"

    Some countries and programs require you to apply for a student visa.


    You are required to have insurance for the period that you will abroad. Make sure that your insurance includes medical evacuation as well as repatriation coverage. 

    Information coming soon