Congratulations Class of 2020 & 2021!
Drive-Through Graduation Instructions
- Location: Kauai Community College Campus, Performing Arts Center Parking Lot (map)
- Date: Friday, May 14, 2021
- Time: 10:00 a.m. (Registration opens at 9:00 a.m.)
- Tune to Radio: 87.9 FM
Please click on the tab below to expand
- Registration begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. Graduates are encouraged to arrive early to sign-in and receive their name cards.
- Graduates and their attending household members will be staged in the parking lot in front of the Performing Arts Center.
- Pictures of the graduates will be taken during the staging portion of the ceremony.
- Snacks will be provided. Please bring your own water and non alcoholic beverages.
- KCC staff will be directing vehicles entering and exiting the campus. Signage will also be provided.
- Please abide by wearing face coverings and social distancing at least 6 feet from other participants.
- Graduates are highly encouraged to use the main campus entrance where they will be directed toward the parking lot in front of the Performing Arts Center.
- Beginning with the row closest to the DKI Electronics Building, vehicles will be parked and prepared for staging.
- While staged, graduates will sign-in and receive their name cards.
- Graduates, along with their household, will be allowed to exit the vehicle and pose for pictures in front of their vehicle.
- The KCC Marketing department will take pictures of graduates to display on the school’s website. Pictures are not available for purchase.
- After pictures are taken, graduates will be asked to return and remain in their vehicle until the ceremony begins.
- Once the ceremony begins, vehicles starting from the DKI Electronics Building will be directed to drive toward the front of the Performing Arts Center where their names and academic credentials will be announced.
- While remaining in their vehicle, graduates will receive their diploma cover by Chancellor Joseph Daisy.
- Graduates will then be directed to exit the parking area leading to the Kilohana traffic light.
Please submit your photos at email@example.com
I understand that photographs, video, or audio recordings taken of me during the Kaua‘i Community College Commencement Ceremony, as well as photographs, video, or audio recordings submitted by me to the College, may be used for promotional materials. I give permission to the College to use these different forms of media (photographs and recordings) in connection with publicizing the College, its activities and academic programs to the general public.
If you do not agree with this statement, please inform the marketing representative and request that they not photograph or record you.
Please dress respectfully for the occasion. Leis and hakus are welcome.
- One vehicle allowed per graduate and there must be a legal seat belt for every passenger in the vehicle.
- Graduates and attendees will not be allowed to ride in the back of trucks.
- The parking and staging area may become hot. Please bring lots of water for all members in the vehicle and dress accordingly.
- Restrooms are available near the Welding Building and in the Office of Continuing Education & Training (OCET).
- All vehicles will be directed toward the Kilohana traffic light to exit the campus.
- Please arrive early.
Name cards will be distributed to your vehicle during the staging portion of the ceremony. Your legal first and last name will be used to announce your academic achievements. Please do not alter the card.
Official diplomas will not be provided at the graduation ceremony. Semester grades will not be processed by the ceremony day, therefore, the conferring of degrees is provisional, pending verification that degree and certificate requirements have been met.
For the Class of 2020, if all graduation fees were paid, your diploma was mailed to you.
If you require access accommodations, please call the Disability Counselor at 245-8317 by Friday, April 30, 2021. Requests for access accommodations received after the deadline may not assure that accommodations requests will be met.
Graduates are not required to wear a cap and gown, however, they are available for purchase at the bookstore. If you would like to wear graduation regalia, you may order online
- Prices (subject to change)
- Cap and Gown = $42.95
- Cap = $14.95
- Tassel = $8.95.
The gown is "one size fits all" based on your height and sold on a first come first serve basis. If you feel that you need an "oversize" gown, please call 245-8273 or visit the bookstore to try one on.