The Performing Arts Center (PAC) at Kauai Community College is available for performing arts and instructional programs of the University of Hawaii, and non-profit organizations involved in culture and the art projects. Each non-profit organization must be officially registered with a 501-C status and possess an insurance policy. The insurance policy must specifically verify the existence of the necessary liability coverage, including the coverage of the University of Hawaii and the State of Hawaii, and their officers, employees, and agents.
Most events require more technical assistance and equipment than is included in our base rental fee. We must review your technical requirements in the area of lighting, sound, etc., to determine whether we can accommodate your event and estimate your total cost for the use of the facility. The base rental fee is intended primarily to cover minimum operating expenses.
Deposit & Payment Policy
A deposit equivalent to the base rental rate multiplied by the number of performances is due 30 days prior to the event. Checks should be made out to the University of Hawaii and forwarded with the signed Facility Use Agreement to:
Kauai Community College
Performing Arts Center
3-1901 Kaumualii Hwy Lihue, Hi 96766
Performing Arts Center reservations will not be confirmed until this deposit is received along with the signed Facility Use Agreement, proof of non-profit status and insurance.
- An estimate will be provided of total costs based on your technical requirements and rehearsal schedule.
- The payment of the balance of the total cost estimate is due prior to the event.
- Any incidental costs, excess time loading out, etc., will be billed. This balance is due within 30 days.
- No dates will be reserved for any organization with an outstanding balance due.
Minimum Rental Fees DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Additional personnel, including but not limited to stage personnel, follow spot operators and projectionist. Lessee shall not use any personnel for the operation of PAC equipment without prior authorization.
- Use of Follow Spots
- Use of Projection Equipment
- Pre-sale of tickets at the Box Office except for day(s) of performance, limit four hours covered in minimum rental fees.
- Police and/or Security. The lessee is responsible for the security of the PAC and parking area at all performances. Lessee must arrange for at least one uniformed security officer or provide the college with a written waiver of responsibility for security during the event.
- Ushers, ticket takers, or any other front of house personnel requires to service the event when volunteer staff is not available.
- Certificate of Insurance: You are required to provide the PAC a valid Certificate of Insurance at least ten (10) days prior to the rental date. The Certificate of Insurance will name the University of Hawaii and the State of Hawaii, its officers, employees and agents as "Named Additional Insured" and provide limits of no less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence or two million dollars ($2,000,000) aggregate, for Premises Operations, Completed Operations and/or Products. The certificate will also provide the PAC with (30) days Notice of Cancellation or Non-renewal.
- Additional cleaning fees incurred by Lessee.
- Catering services, ice, towels, cast/crew refreshments.
- Promotion, advertising or public relations services of any kind. The lessee is required to submit copies of all advertising information listing the PAC as a venue.
- Use of any tools, color media and/or any stage supplies during Load-in, Setup, Load-out or any performances.
- Piano, piano tuning, risers, orchestra shell.
If you have any questions regarding this or any other policy, please call 808.245.8352