2019 Commencement Ceremony
- Location: Vidinha Stadium - Lihue
- Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
- Time: 6:15 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
Dr. Helen A. Cox
Chancellor, Kauai Community College
Jaysie Shimabukuro - Candidate, Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts and Hawaiian Studies
Brittany Uribe - Candidate, Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts
Kananaikahaku Kuhaulua - Candidate, Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences
- Dress rehearsal begins promptly at 4:00 p.m. Vidinha Stadium.
- Please report on time as entering, standing, sitting and exiting procedures will be rehearsed.
- After rehearsal, a group photo will be arranged with each Division.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
Cap and Gown Information
You must be dressed in your cap and gown when you arrive at dress rehearsal. Caps should be worn at all times except during the playing of the national anthem and Hawai`i Pono`i. Your tassel should be worn on the right of your cap until after the symbolic conferring of degrees.
The graduation cap and gown are available for purchase around mid April at the College Bookstore. Price for the cap and gown is $41.95 (price is subject to change without prior notice). Separate cost for the cap is $14.95 and for the tassel is $8.95. The gown is "one size fits all" based on your height and sold on a first come first serve basis. It is not necessary to place an order. If you feel that you need an "oversize" gown, please call 245-8273 or visit the bookstore to try one on. If it is necessary, the bookstore will bring one in for you.
- Men: It is recommended that you wear solid-colored shirts with a collar, long black pants, and black or dark-colored dress shoes.
- Women: It is recommended that women wear a dress (must be shorter than gown) or long black pants, and black or dark-colored dress shoes. Wearing high heel shoes is not recommended as you will be going up and down stairs and your heels may get stuck in the grass.
Note: There is no place to store personal belongings. Handbags cannot be carried. Leis are not presented or worn until after the ceremony.
Pick up your name card when you report for rehearsal (do not alter). You will be handing your card to the announcer on stage before you walk across the stage.
After the Ceremony
Meet your family and friends by the appropriate signs. Confetti and streamers are prohibited.
Personalized announcements may be purchased at the Kaua`i Community College Bookstore. Please call 245-8273 for more information.
Because semester records will not be processed by commencement day, the conferring of degrees at the ceremony is provisional, pending verification that degree requirements have been met.
If you require access accommodations, please call the Disability Counselor at 245-8260 by Friday, April 26, 2019. Requests for access accommodations received after the deadline may not assure that accommodations requests will be met.